From:
Iris Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:46:26 EDT
Hi Everyone - I have been reading the fml for years now and never posted
but i feel i have to today, I am very sad - yesterday I lost my little
girl Jewel ( 5 yo) - she has been sick on and off for about 6 months now -
she was on lupron for her adrenal tumor and seemed to be doing fine - so
i packed them up last week ( i also have 3 others ferrets ) and went to
visit my mom.  While visting I noticed she was getting very weak and
started to drink alot of water ( too Much for a little ferret ) so i
called around and found a vet that handeled ferrets in a hospital - when
i got her there they tested her and found out that she had diabetes and
started her on insulin - every day she was given another unit of insulin
cause it was not working - i went there 2 times a day to cuddle her and
feed her and tell her how much i loved her and missed her - I was there
friday morning and she seemed to be getting better i told her she would be
coming home on saturday but last night i got that horrible phone call that
said she didn't make it - well i have been crying ever since - my ferrets
seem to be very depressed and my little boy slept on her pocket book all
night that she used to carry around the house and the others keep
searching - this is very hard on me and them - this morning i buried my
little mush girl Jewel in my mom's garden and we planted a beautiful
lavander bush and some purple flowers around her and we said good bye.
I am heartbroken about this.  Thank you for listening to me cause all of
you people out there know how much joy and love these little guys give us.

Iris Levy   -   [log in to unmask]