From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:14:52 -0500
Just a case study, not statistically significant, but still... My husband
and I traveled with our two ferrets in an underseat carrier on Continental
last December.  Try calling customer service and asking them (I spoke with a
Mr. Lane some time ago, who had to get supervisor approval but eventually
came through for us).  Or try buying your ticket at the airport rather than
over the phone; counter agents are less likely to know the oficial policies
and have more leeway in granting exceptions.  Just be sure it's noted in
your reservation record and you should be fine.

As for the actual traveling, it was completely hassle-free and a lot of fun.
Pixxel and Rusty slept through both flights and obligingly woke up to be
admired and do tricks in the terminals.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>