Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:55:23 EDT
Bob C. wrote:
>Subject: Bob C: Pam Troutman, Off to DC, NY and Chicago
>I read with interest Pam Troutman's comments on shelter's being
>overcrowded.  Listen to this woman!  She knows what she is talking about!
>Her comments for what to do when you are overcrowded are the best advice
>anyone can give.  I highly reccommend if you are not a Star shelter, to
>sign up, and if you are such as shelter, then listen.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here...but the only way Pam's idea of
placement works is with the cooperation of a shelter.  Or unless your
"Super Shelter" and can do both placement and shelter/rescue work.  I love
Pam's idea.  I use it every single call I get.  But the sad fact is, many
people don't want to be bothered.  As hard as I try, most people that
contact me don't want to wait to place their ferret.  They've made up
their mind and are ready.

I agree 100% that the shelter isn't the place to be if your a ferret.  But
obviously with 2000 ferrets in the system, there is a need.

Faith
Ferrets R #1 Shelter & Rescue