From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:51:15 -0800
Greetings all!

Saturday I was interviewed by Steve someone or another for the Chicago
Tribune about Phoenix and why he bit the baby.  Personally I think I and
the ferrets will be nailed to the cross with this one.

Anyone who sees it please fax it to me at work: 216/961-6278, I am really
getting tired of negative media.  At least I got some practice for the
Lanigan Morning Radio show on the 27th of this month.  8:40 AM.  Keep an ear
open and wish Linda Iroff and I luck.

As far as rude people in the shelter, I pull no punches and make no
apologies, I am here to help the ferrets find good homes, and not impulse
buyers - on the phone they are interviewed, and interviewed again in person,
if I feel they would not make good ferret parents, I tell them I can not
adopt to them, if they ask I tell them why, if they get rude, they get
thrown out.

It is my home and if you can't conduct yourself properly that is what
happens.  The ferrets come first here, plain and simple.  If people don't
like that fact, then oh well!

Adoptions fees don't even scratch the surface of what some of the expenses
are over the year and if it means one less fee, so be it - no one running a
shelter does it to make money.

To all the shelter Mom and Dads - keep up the good work.  There are alot of
fuzzies that need you all.

Phoenix
Jean & The Zoo Crew
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter