From:
Paul Jamison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:34:38 -0800
>From: poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>

>>Don t just give us testimonials; don t just put down the skeptics;
>>don t just ooze sincerity from every pore.  None of this proves
>>anything.  Give us good, solid *evidence*.  Because the lives of our
>>pets depend on it.  Their lives are far too important to leave to the
>>results of what could easily be parlor tricks.
>>
>>After all, it s all for the fuzzies, right?
>>
>> Paul E. Jamison

>paul...and any one else... what is this bunk???
>
>WHAT lives depend on it???  AC is not a medical proceedure..you are not
>feeding your pet an unproven medicine or herb... someone is listening to
>your pet and communicating what it has to say back to you...what is the
>big deal?  again?..this has nothing to do with jeopardizing your pet's
>life...

It does when the alleged message passed on by the AC is "I don't want
or need to go to the vet.  I'm not feeling too good now, but I'll get
over it."  Some people do distrust doctors, and they do ask psychics for
medical advice; why should it be any different for veterinarians?  And
some psychics are unscrupulous enough to give bogus medical advice and
pocket the money; are all Animal Communicators too honest to do that?
Human lives are constantly jeopardized by relying on quack medicines and
phony psychics; why should it be any better in the pet world?

>but your reasoning for disbelieving is flawed... Science is far from
>infallible...how many medications are "scientifically tested and proven
>safe" just to be recalled or found to cause life threatening side
>effects later?...what good is that 'scientific' proof?

Whether or not a medication appears on or is pulled from the shelves
depends not so much on the boys in the Test Lab as it does on the boys
in Marketing.  The drug may well have been scientifically tested and it
may have been declared safe by the drug company's pet scientists.  But
we don't know that; we just have to believe what the advertisements tell
us.  It's not the same as actually looking at the lab reports, though.
"Scientifically tested and proven safe" is usually no more than words on
the package.  This does not say anything one way or another about the
validity of scientific proof.

Paul E. Jamison

--
"There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say 'it was God's
will' when granny dies, but they get *angry* when they lose a cow."