From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:38:01 -0400
Hello All:
Someone questioned info on Martin's Cages.  Sadly, I deleted the FML
before I got her name.  My seven fursnakes give them the USDA Choice,
Grade A, Good Housekeeping, Better Business Bureau and Underwriters'
Laboratories seals of approval for the following reasons:

First, the bottom trays are made of a heavy duty plastic.  The trays are
easier to clean than metal trays.  In addition, I get rust under the water
bottles and behind the litter boxes on the metal cages which dosen't happen
with the plastic cages.

Second, the wire screens of the cages are also covered in plastic or some
kind of vinal.  Once again, much easier to clean.  As fuzzies will
occasionally scatch to get out, the vinal covered screens are easier on
their feet.  Walking up and down the various levels on the plastic steps
is also easier.

Third, although I have not purchased cages in four or five years, my
recollection was that Martin's Cages were reasonably priced.

Fourth, Skip Martin exhibits cages at many ferret shows and advertises
in Modern Ferret Magazine.  I would consider Skip a part of the fuzzy
community.  I don't know if he is actually owned by any furbutts but he
is certainly ferret friendly.

Fifth, I believe he will manufacture a cage to meet your specific needs if
you need something unusual.

I hope this helps the questioner.
Dale