From:
Tracy Tye Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:38:15 -0600
>From:    E Mead <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I just emailed the producers of Oprah as they are always looking for
>suggestions for new shows. I asked them what about doing a show on
>cats, ferrets and shelters, etc.as well as the importance of neutering
>your cats and dogs as so many pets are born only to end up in gas
>chambers to die. I said I know Oprah loves dogs, but what about these
>pets, especially ferrets...

I forget the original air date, but Oprah did a show where the main
topic was Glenn Close and a program where prison inmates train dogs
to become aid/guide dogs. The other part of the show featured
rescued/adopted animals and some of the local shelters they came from.

Our shelter - the Greater Chicago Ferret Association, was featured. Two
of our volunteers were there in the audience with two ferrets, and were
then on stage where Oprah spoke to them and even mentioned the name of
our shelter.

This was all left on the editing room floor. You can catch glimpses of
our volunteers and the ferrets, but you have to be looking for it. We
were very disappointed and thought we'd at least be mentioned on the
website, but nope. We aren't the only shelter that was done to, btw.

We've talked about emailing Oprah about it - wanting her (her people)
to play a re-edited version of the show, or at least mention the
shelters that were left out before, etc., etc. Truthfully, our shelter
and our volunteers are just too busy to do it.

Tracy Tye Stephens
http://www.gcfa.com