From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:15:07 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. A group of ferrets were sitting
around the table when one spoke up and said "Let's play cards." So
the hands were dealt. The ferrets were looking at their hands and each
one in turn shouted "Go Fish!", until this one little girl ferret with
her cowboy hat rakishly pulled up at the side, made the final answer.

"Hey, youall, I got rid of all my cards! she exclaimed. Ozzy said
disgustedly, "I should never never have taught Lilly how to play Go
Fish." SaraFerret and Peanut sadly agreed with him, as it seemed as
Lilly was on a winning streak. But all of a sudden they heard the
flutter of wings above them and they saw Mimi, the little girl courier,
with a note in her paw. She said,

"SaraFerret, I have a note for you. A ferret named Deuce is crossing
the Bridge and his Mommy is requesting that you greet him. Its a good
thing you left a note on your door saying where you were. Is there
anyone you want me to get?"

I took the note and read it and told Mimi that there was no one to get.
I told Lilly where to station herself so she could surprise Deuce and
Ozzy and Peanut went off to do their usual thing. Then I headed for
the entrance. I was just in time to see this very big DEW carrying a
very big backpack. He ran to me and hugged me. So I introduced myself
(Seemed the least I could do since he hugged me).

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am the bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. This is your new forever home. You will have no more pain or
suffering. Here you will have lotsa friends and run on green grass
forever. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The big boned boy looked at me and said, "I should have introduced
myself before I ran and hugged you. I am rather impulsive; at least
Mommy always told me so. My name is Deuce and I belong to Betsy. Do
you know Betsy? I don't see anyone here but you, but you seem to be a
real sweet lady, so I imagine that we can get along just fine. Mommy
said I would see my friend again, but I don't see her but oh well,
maybe she was just trying to make me feel better about leaving."

I replied, "Deuce, I don't know your Betsy personally, but I don't
think she would tell you stories. But anyway whatever do you have
in that pack-- it looks so very heavy? Would you care to show it to
me--not to worry I am not gonna take it, but it has so long since I
have been on earth that I just wonder what others bring."

So together and with considerable strength, Deuce and I managed to
unzip his pack. I asked him how he ever managed to do it and he
replied, "The Angel helped me." which explained it. And he took out a
perfectly left Croc. I told Deuce, "We are never gonna be able to get
that back in there, so we are gonna have to carry it. But don't worry.
No one will take it from you."

But just when I was going to say more, up rushed Lilly, his friend (too
impatient to wait) and there was a brief reunion. Oh he was so happy.
(Personally I thought he was happy he wasn't gonna be stuck with some
old scrawny lady fuzzy that he didn't even know). He showed her the
Croc and they both admired it. Then she showed him her wings and
explained to him that he was gonna get his very own pair--just like
hers--well not exactly--his would be boy wings. They could fly about
the heavens together when he got flying lessons. Then he asked her
about her funny accent. "Wherever have you been, Lilly? You sure
dook funny. I never heard anyone dook like that." She replied, "Oh
SaraFerret put me with this wonderful group of Texas ferrets since I
had no one here. Just wait till you meet them." (I thought to myself,
Lilly is doing my job perfectly. Maybe too good. Maybe we'll send her
to bridgegreeter school which takes ever so long, that is if she wants.
Its always a choice.)

But after all the visiting, I told them we really had to go on to get
everything done. So we went down the path to the Wing House where the
wings were stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a box
marked "Deuce". He opened the box and took out the wings--heavenly
blue. Lilly helped him put on his wings and then she adjusted his halo.
Then he ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. He
saw what a big handsome young DEW he was. Then he turned to me and
said, "Gee I wish Betsy could see me now." Then I gots an idea.

So the three of us left there and went down the path to the Misting
Pond. We sat down beside the cool clear water and with one swish we
saw the vision of Betsy surrounded by her family and fuzzies. Deuce
got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing
me. You were so kind to me. Tell the others that I miss them. I found
Lilly here and she dooks funny, but she is okay otherwise. I took your
Croc, but I hope you can find another one. I know one day in the long
distant future we will see each other again."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you
should read this it should have landed there. And with another swish
the vision was gone.

So we left there and went down the road where we were met by two
fuzzies carrying a banner which read "Welcome Deuce". They introduced
themselves to him as Ozzy and Peanut. (Of course Lilly and I knew
them). Then we continued on down the road until we heard all the music
a-playing. There was a big sign reading "Canyon Lake Retreat" and of
course the flag of TX waving over it. We had arrived. Now Deuce
realized where Lilly's funny dook had come from; all these fuzzies with
the exception of SaraFerret were dooking like that. Now he could see
the food that was laid out on all the tables and another group of
fuzzies who had showed up. Mercy! how many were there? They all ran up
and introduced themselves. And then another group from another place
came over. They all started to eat and they talked for awhile. They
wanted me to stay and visit some more. But I was so tired from the
card game and the greet. So I gave Deuce a big hug and said good bye
to all. Then I headed for home.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter