From:
Randall Duke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 15:07:27 UT
HI,

1st time writer here.  I've been reading the digest for about 3 weeks now .
I have a couple of questions and I'm going to tell you about Oblina my
wonder ferret.  1.  Do ferrets get tape worms?  I live in the south and
fleas are horrible in the summer.  I have just started putting front line on
my lab but, Oblina only weighs about 1.25 lbs.  She is very small; the vet
gave her a clean bill of health and some ferratone.  I have started mixing
purina kitten chow (dairy flavor) with her ferret food.  She love the kitten
chow more so than the ferratone.

I was wondering just how bad is this (the kitten chow purina) ?  I'm not a
ferret expert but, I am learning a lot from the net.

Does anyone out there try homeopathy with their ferret ?  I worked for a vet
who had wonderful results with dogs, cats etc.  (It was before the
legalization in GA of ferrets.)

Heres my ferrets story:
Oblina is my 3 yo albino fm.  Oblina's previous owner was evicted from his
apt.  It was june 80-90 degrees and she and her X were sitting out in the
heat with the rest of her X's belongings.  My sister drove by stopped (she
knew the guy) and was given this wonderful little girl.  But, when she got
her home , My sister I never had two ferret together and thought that her
ferret Ricky and Oblina were going to kill each other so I got a phone call.
Offering a "free" Ferret.  Wow !  I had always wanted one.I had no idea what
I was in for.  It has completely change our lives !  Of course I ending up
letting her out of the horrible cage she constantly tried to get out of.
She now sleeps in my sofa,and or dresser .  She is an alsolute delight !  I
truly belive that if ferrets where as large as dogs they would rule the
world.  They fear nothing.

1 more thing and I'm out of here.  I use a kiddy pool and fill it with dirt.
It is a great idea if you dont feel confortable about letting your babes
outside.  Also, has anyone had any problems with ferrets going into chipmunk
holes and not coming back?  I have hundreds of chipmunks and worry about
Oblina getting out and lost down in one.

Annie [log in to unmask]