From:
James Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:43:49 -0500
My first ferret was one that I found an add for on a pet store bullentin
board.  I saw an add for a ferret 50 dollars or best offer.  I had never
seen a ferret but had heard about them.  I went to see just what they were.
When I got there it was a very tiny little thing being kept in a shoe box
being feed cheerios and fruitloops.  Now I knoew nothing about these
animals but I knew the way it was being kepth could not be right.  I
offered the guy 35 dollars which was all I had.  He took it.  I picked up
this poor little thing and rushed for home, got on the internet to find
out how to take care of her.  She turned out to be the best 35 dollars I
had ever spent.  I was suffering from severe depression and had been
hospitalized severl times for it.  She turned my life around in a hurry.
Every time I would start getting down and out of control she would climb my
body and get right in my face and love me back to life.  Her kisses would
make life bearable and her funny antics would even make it enjoyable.  That
is why I now devote my life to saving other ferrets that have no one to
love and cherish them the way she did me.  Her name was Widget and you can
see her picture at
http://members.tripod.com/~stillkcn
along with all the ones we have rescued and placed this past year.  I lost
her a couple of years ago and I still get tears when thinking of her, but
I know she is waiting for me and one day we will be the happiest couple in
heaven gain.

One line reason for having ferrets: I have ferrets for the unconditional
love they give and the fun they bring.

Jim Higgins/Widget's Halfway House