From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 21:10:47 -0400
Originally I was going to write about everthing that has happened here at
the shelter and to me since May 19th 1996.  After thinking about it I
decided if I told you about it - what good would it do but to make everyone
almost as miserable and emotionally upset as I and the ferrets have been.
so I decided I just won't do that - better to tell you about my new job
which all the FERRETS ENVY!!

When a ferret friend heard I lost my job - well she talked to her boss and
convienced him I would be great working for him.  Surprise - I didn't even
have to have an interview I went to work immediately simply on the word of a
ferret friend (because she is excellent at any job and exemplary at her
current job).

On my first day I met 1 snake, several types of ants, and two bees. So you
are all asking yourselves - What is Chere doing?  Chere is a Water Meter
Reader!!

All the Shelter ferrets are jealous - I come home each day and tell them of
my digging in the dirt!

Other stories include how shelter mommy got stung by the nasty wasp hidding
in the water meters, excessive balling of water out of the meters because of
the current rain, and of course their very favorite - water meters covered
in dirt and sand (lots of digging required).

Hopefully none of you will find this posting to stupid - just thought I would
try to add something positive.

Love from Chere and the Shelter Kids

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International

P.S.  We are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Bertha, Arizona Fires, and the
California Fires