From:
Joanne D'Amico-Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:38:35 -0500
I wonder if Boo may have some form of Pica, a craving for odd
things due to an underlying deficiency, as a result of whatever she
experienced before you took her in? Perhaps if you tried her on a
vitamin and mineral supplement, and maybe added some minerals to her
water for awhile it might help. I have added "Animinerals" or Vitamin
Shoppe "Trace Mineral Liquid" to my ferrets' duck soup routinely for
years, so it should not hurt the others ... just don't overdo it, as it
can cause diarrhea if too much is added. Follow the guidelines on the
bottle. Also, might be contra-indicated for any ferrets with kidney
problems. Second idea, to help with the chewing part, have you tried
different flavors of foamy fries and Ferret N-Bones?