Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:03:59 -0800
Although my messages are never wrong, I had know idea I'd get hit with
a double whammy. This morning I found that my Gilda Snuffledooks had
passed in her bed. Her back was arched, I'm thinking a heart attack or
stroke. She was 4 or 5. I took her in a few years ago from a breeder
that was retiring. She was so beautiful, long luxurious black sable
fur. My little sweetie with the turned up back left toe nail. Named
Gilda after my dad's and my favorite comedian and a last name for the
noises she made when she arrived here. A combination of snuffling &
dooking.

I want to set up my bed on the floor and just sleep with all my kids
around me tonight. Like a fairy in a garden of fuzzys. I don't take
time for granted, everyone gets hugs & kisses every day. They all know
how much they are loved...and yet they can be taken from us so quickly,
with no warning. Funny, I remember thursday night in particular how I
hugged everyone just a little bit tighter...as if somehow I just knew
what was coming.

I now have 23 of my own personal kids. I logged Gilda's Bridge date
into the records this morning. Having just done the same thing last
night, I began to feel like the secretary for the grim reaper.
Hopefully he's done with us for awhile.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.