From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 1995 09:11:46 -0500
I just rented and watched Kindergarden Cop because I heard it had a ferret
in it.  It made me wonder about California - they make these movies with
ferrets (Beast Master I and II) but keep them illegal.  ???????  I
understand with lions etc.  but the ferret in K-cop was portrayed as a nice
pet.  Course I don't know what that noise it was making was - it was more a
squeak or titter.  Plus there was that one scene where it quite obviously
had one leg tied down or something so it would sit still - but the credits
said there was an animal monitor on the set, and I noticed that the one
scene used a stuffed toy instead of the ferret in the boys shirt.

Male characteristics vs.  female.  One of the questions I see a lot is
people asking whether to get a male or female "are there any differences" I
wonder if we could start a little unscientific database by doing an informal
survey?  I have one boy and one girl and they are very different but I don't
know if they display these differences because of their sex or just their
own personalities.  Giesela likes to sleep wrapped up in something (and
consequently likes to sleep with me under the covers) Boris likes to sleep
on top of things with nothing over him.  Boris also war dances, jumps when
he plays etc.  Giesela does not, she backs up with her mouth open and wags
or head back and forth when she is playing.  Boris plays more, Giesela is
more interested in constant investigation (they are close in age).  Neither
seem interested in litter training :( Giesela squeaks and hisses when mock
fighting, Boris hardly vocalizes at all.  Boris tolerates being held more,
Giesela gets squirmy.  Boris is more of a nipper (for attention mostly) he
also doesn't like to sleep alone and constantly is routing Giesela out of my
bed so he doesn't have too.  Gielsela eats everything that is bad for her
(bathroom rug, q-tips, bath salts) I have to watch her constantly, Boris
will only occassionally do this.  Boris seems to have more energy and sleeps
less.  Well that's it for mine.  How bout everyone else?  Especially like to
hear from those of you with big families.  (I want more but without them
being litter trained....)

By the way - mine are free roam ferrets and yes ferret proofing is a
constant education.

Happy holidays to alland keep those ferrets safe and warm!

Mary