From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 10:20:26 -0800
With reference to the post on ferret hunting, I can tell you its quite
enjoyable for both ferret and human.  Yesterday it was a sunny warm spring
day on the Island ( eat your hearts out easterners) when I decided to take
Timothy out hunting.  We spent about one hour in the park and here's the
results.

- Rabbits killed - none
- Rabbits caught -none
- Rabbits seen -none
- Mice killed -none
- Mice caught-none
- Mice seen-none
- Birds heard chirping -lots
- Trees climbed-one, about two feet up
- Wild flowers investigated-three or four
- Wild flowers dug up-one ( later replanted)
- Bugs investigated-two that I noticed
- Dirt dug up-about a cupful
- Hours spent flopped out on the cool floor when we got home-at least 20
  minutes
- Time spent letting the other three smell him after the "hunt"-2 to 3
  seconds each ( except for ol' man arnie who tried to scruff him)
- Time spent sleeping after the 'hunt"-about 3 hours.

Well, its another beautiful day and after I cut the grass ( second time
this month) Arnie and I are going hunting....up in the park!

regards from Vancouver Island.