From:
Jan Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 06:47:08 EST
Hi ferret lovers,

We (actually my son) are owned by a lovely albino girl named Nieva (Snow).
I wanted to thank everyone for their advice, as this is our first (possibly
only) ferret.  I have learned a lot from the newsletter.  She is not very
vocal, except when playing with the Ariel, our resident attack cat.  It is
fun watching Nieva chase Ariel, who is twice as big as she is, and her
favorite toy is legos.  She especially likes to steal the clear and yellow
ones and put them under David's dresser.  We watched her take a box of
batteries out of my husband's tool box, dump out the batteries, and haul the
box off for her own "project".

We had a skunk up until last August, when she died of a distemper-like
virus.  She was a beautiful, black and white, very sweet and loving little
critter, but she thought she was people, didn't get along very well with the
other animals.  I can sympathize with all the people who have lost their
little fuzzies.  Lady Penelope was absolutely the best pet who ever owned
me.  We plan to get another, but not until we get out of debt and can afford
to stay home and not work so much overtime.  What is the point of having
something to love, if you have no time for it?  We have 2 teenagers who
occupy most of our time, but I think in a few more years we will be able to
enjoy another fuzzy of one kind or another.  Would especially like to hear
from another skunk owner.

Jan & George