From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 05:21:10 -0500
To Marie - Thanks for the kind words on Oscar's passing.  We have received a
lot of condolences on Oscar's loss, which is tremendously heartening to Colleen
and I - it makes a sad time a little bit brighter.  The FML is a truly
special place indeed....I am glad that you have yet to face the loss of a
loved one - unfortunately the short life span of ferrets assures us that we
will all have our "time in the barrel"....  Rikki should have no more
problems iwth that tumor and should live a long and happy life....

To Peter Long - My sincere condolences on Mork.  Unfortunately, you have to be
 so diligent, as the young ones will eat just about anything rubber or
 plastic.  Colleen and I have spent many an hour sifting through stool and
 administering Laxatone.  Now we unconsciously ferret-proof friends houses....
 I wish we could have caught it sooner.  Mork probably had a bacterial
 infection in her abdomen where the foreign body had rubbed through the lining
 of the intestine, leaking some of the ocntents either into the abdominal
 cavity, or into the bloodstream.  I know Mork is grateful for everything you
 did.

Bruce Williams, DVM  [log in to unmask]  OR  [log in to unmask]