Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 14:04:00 EDT
"Charlee M. Poehlman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>It's called BioSpot.  I did a little research on this product and it was
>released in April 2000.  PetCo does carry the BioSpot for dogs & cats.
>You might want to ask your local PetCo if they can get some in.  BioSpot is
>for fleas, ticks & mosquitoes!  Here's a link to find out more information
>about BioSpot.  <http://www.farnam.com/division_pet/bs_ferret.html>

Biospot for dogs has been out for several years.  The cat version came out
last year or the previous year.  There have been many negative reports
about both the dog and cat versions ranging from "It doesn't work and I
still have fleas" to "My pet got very sick and/or died from its use".  I
have rarely seen positive reports on Biospot.

That said, all this info comes from pet lists on the internet and based on
the Febreze reports from the internet (where virtually all problems could
be traced to consumer misuse), I don't know how factual all this is.

I have used the dog product on my dogs and the cat product on my cats.  I
did not have fleas at the time and was using it as a preventative.  I had
no problems and did not get fleas.

Neither of these products is approved or recommended for ferrets.  Most
vets don't like the Biospot products either - whether this is because it
competes with their own products or because they believe Biospot does not
work, I don't know.  I have only heard from vets that it doesn't work, not
that it is unsafe - but this is for dogs and cats.

Stick with something proven (if not approved) for ferrets like Advantage
or Frontline.  There is also a wipe-on cloth that is specifically made for
ferrets.  If you need more info on this, let me know.  I have a catalog
that carries it, but will need to find it...

Kim