From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:43:17 -0500
Humfpth!  Some people just won't let me be.  Losing 3 kids close together
kinda took my spark away but there are some that just insist on dragging
me back.

Now Mrs. Wood & Mrs. Stout, aka Georgia-The West Coast One & Da Wolfy want
to know what I feed my kids.  One insists that at least two of my kids love
baby octopus, even though she admits they never got a chance to eat it due
to Muffin Wood being greedy & snatching it away from them.  They probably
never even got to lick the spongy, rubbery things.

Now has anyone ever watched a nature show about octopus?  They are rather
smart creatures especially having neither fur nor feathers.  Maybe they are
nothing to cuddle up with but they are rather cute in their own way.  Have
you ever watched as one will try to find a new home after it gets too big
for the old one?  Have you seen them outwit larger predators?  And maybe
they don't have scent glands like ferrets they do have a rather neat way
of dispensing ink.  No "we" (Clan War Weasels) don't like octopus.  Maybe
Kouri isn't doing his gun slinger movies, his Kouri Kan Kook shows, his
woodworking shows & what ever else to pay moving expenses to FL, have you
ever thought Georgia that he wants something decent to eat?  That maybe he
is saving his money so he can afford to buy GOOD things to cook?  Let me
ask you this, did YOU eat any of the baby octopus huh?  Bet you didn't.
Yet you gave it to the little fuzzbutts.  Was that instead of say chicks?
Maybe they didn't earn enough that day in their little afghan crocheting
sweatshop to get something good?  And we have yet to determine why in the
world he has built a catapult & is encouraging ferrets world wide to build
more.  Does anyone have a clue to what they are planning?  I think even the
spy network in Canada is at a loss as to what is going on.  And maybe when
you send Kouri diving for sponges off Tarpon Springs he will get what HE
wants, like oysters, Blue Crab, lobster & shrimp.

And on to Da Wolfy.  First of all, "used" Depends?  Wolfy!!  It is bad
enough you litter, but used Depends?  If it was clean Depends at least
maybe some little critter could use them perhaps for nesting, but used?
Gross!!  Can you explain yourself?

I am assuming that you are talking about the cousin to crickets?  That
would be grasshoppers?  Our FL lubber grasshoppers?  The really big ones,
yes?  Yup that's what mine get, but only "in season".  From about late
Spring to Winter's freeze.  Let's see we can have them done on the
"Barbie", perhaps dabbed with Texas Bar B Que sauce.  Or Grasshopper
Fricassee in a nice heavy whipping cream sauce.  We don't much like them
boiled because then they aren't crunchy.  They can also be dried & crumbled
& sprinkled over raisins, grapes, bananas or apples.  Or stuffed in chicken
breasts served over pasta, with tomato sauce of course.  But the favorite
is RAW!  As a matter of fact, hopping raw!  Oh yummy.

And of course they do get daily, their Superior Choice (Ferret Store brand)
kibble & ground up chicken w/bones.  Ulrike & Jeanine have been trying to
convince me that it should be served raw but I am having trouble overcoming
the thought of Salmonella in it.  They say that the condition of their kids
fur has improved & so has their energy.  Now when you say carnivores can
handle Salmonella and other bugs, I don't suppose you were talking about
grasshoppers were you Ulrike?  Do you grow them big over there in Wales?  I
know you mentioned that your guys have eaten yucky (to me) spiders & other
bugs.  Is this rather "normal" ferret fare over there?  I've been thinking
of adding gator tail (no not MY Gator's tail) to the Clan's diet, they
should like it, tastes like chicken right?  Grasshoppers don't carry
Salmonella do they?  *s*

Lynn & Clan War Weasels

PS: ANYONE can join in this uh, discussion so g'head.