From:
Erin Simkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:12:37 -0700
While on a trip to see Dr. Weiss this past weekend, I happened to stop by
a Petco located on Rockville Pike in Rockville, Maryland.  There were quite
a few ferrets for sale.

The conditions weren't excellent but they weren't horrible either.  An
employee by the name of Lisa came over when I asked for some assistance.
Lisa was very kind and relatively ferret knowledgeable.  We spoke about
the approximately 10 - 15 ferrets and she asked plenty of good questions.
There were several that were much older than the typical 7 - 8 week olds.
Three ferrets were about 3 - 4 months old and one big albino guy was about
6 months old.  He was adorable and apparently has been looked over for
quite some time now.  I held him and he was very sweet and sociable!  Even
my mom took a liking to him!  I asked Lisa, the Petco employee, if they had
named him and though they've played with him, no one had thought to name
him.  On the spot, we named him Ivan (in honor of a friend's sweet albino
boy by the same name).

He's sweet beyond belief (as were the other 3 older ferrets in there) and
if anyone in the Rockville area is looking to add a family member, perhaps
you might have room for him.  If nothing else, perhaps you might just stop
in and give him and the others a little lovin'.  I feel bad that he's spent
all of his baby weeks at a store without a family.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Erin Simkins
Education Director