From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:59:19 -0500
Bobbi dropped Hanna off last Friday.  Such a perky little short tailed
DEW.  At first Hanna was very skittish.  As best I can tell she is hearing
impaired though she can hear certain tones.  Clapping hands or jingling
keys behind her gets no response at all.  And yes, she's a nipper.  The
first night I awoke with her standing beside me on the bed, staring at me
as I was sleeping.  When I awoke I startled her and she darted to the end
of the bed.  As I reached out to her she ran up and nipped my hand and
darted off, sort of like a snake - fast.

The second night she snuck out from under the futon and nipped my heal.
Last night she nipped my foot which was laying over the side of the bed.

She loves playing with Chewy and Weebles.  Last night while Chewy and
Weebles were playing Hanna tried to play too, but she wanted to play with
Chewy only and he wanted to play with Weebles.  It was sort of sad to me...

Anyway, she's coming along fine and as I reach down and tickle her
backside I'm able to do it longer and longer before she turns to nip me.
She's learned I'm quick and I think it frustrates her not to be able to
get me.  Each evening I hold her on my lap, petting her as she laps at the
linatone bottle, for 10 minutes or more.  She's not getting linatone all
that time, just enough to keep her interested and the rest of the time
she's lapping at the oily spout.

Please keep Loverboy and Bandy in your thoughts as they are both having
surgery tomorrow for adrenal.  Loverboy is old as the hills and also has
insulinoma.  He's had some prostate problems and the 4 month Lupron depot
injection didn't help him at all so it is off to surgery.  I may not be
back on-line till Monday.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services