From:
"Andrea Miralia (moonferret)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 02:05:17 -0400
My 3 year old girl, Bean (you may remember her as Sable) was VERY ill in
February with a virus similar to the greenies.  You may remember me writing
and calling about it-- we gave her a Barium series, and it revealed there
was "little motility" in her stomach.  She didn't eat for five days, but we
kept her on inter-peritneal fluids and right after the Barium she seemed
FINe and began eating again.

Has been fine, and is fine.

But NOw, finally, we HAVe to do the surgery for her adrenals, and I was
wondering what kind of pre-surgical care or bloodwork you would recommend,
if any.  She's gained all her weight back, has a great energy level, and
even grew back all her fur from when we did the ultrasound.

(She's had swollen vulva for several months now. I made sure back in
February that she wasn't in heat.  THe ultrasound revealed an abnormality
in her adrenals, so that's what my vet and I are assuming it it.)

WHat does my vet need to know? What do I need to know? I don't know how
many adrenalectomies my vet has done, but I know it isn't many.  He's
very friendly about this list, and is a great care-giver with the ferrets.

SO, any pre-surgery suggestions?  What do I do about food intake?

----  [log in to unmask]  (Andrea M.) [log in to unmask]
         Ferret-children Juno, Ben, Hopi, Kokopelli, and Whitman
        Sweet Dreams to my sweet angel-ferrets Frito and Kadi
           "I can't apologize for what I know." - Ani Difranco
             New Yorker by birth but North Carolinian for now