From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:09:06 EDT
I am thinking about a new treat besides crickets for my ferrets.  I had
several nice people take the time to write me that earthworms, when
washed, should be okay.  I had one letter that told me they had to be
careful and not give one of the types of animals they had earthworms
because they can carry bacteria?  Does anyone know anything about that?
Also someone thought of meal worms that are nearly sterile with how they
are farm raised for tiny reptiles, and even for chickens as treats.
Would they be safe?  I do worry about the rare case of if you give one
to a hatchling lizard, they can live long enough to eat/do damage to the
gi track (eat them from the inside actually) before dying inside them
causing certain death.

OH, this girl just wants to have fun.  My Dippy loves chasing crickets, I
just want to give her more fun treats like that. :)

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: