From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1992 09:46:35 -0400
Please forward this to the list annonymously.

Hi again!  Richard in Ohio here.  I'm the owner of Cutout (sorry for not
providing some sort of handle in my first post).

Thanks to everyone who suggested contacts to help us with Cutout.  Our vet
contacted either Dr. Rosenthal or Dr. Jeglum, I forgot to ask which.

Our vet feels that this tumor isn't operable.  It's extremely vascular and
she doesn't believe Cutout would survive the blood loss from attempting to
excise it, especially since it's involved with the viens in the neck.  Of
course, without being able to remove the tumor, Cutout's prognosis isn't
very good.

After talking with the other vet she has prescribed .5ml of Prednisone oral
solution each day in hopes of shrinking the tumor some.  Cutout hates this
stuff and it's quite a chore getting it into her.

Katie Fritz gets a no-prize for spotting the Monty Python theme in our
critter's names but I suspect that Spiney Norman is a dead give away.
Lupine is from the Dennis Moore sketch, Cutout is from "Mrs. Cutout," a
cardboard cutout character in one of the pepperpot sketches, and Zoot is
from one of the naughty sisters at the Castle Anthrax in Monty Python and
the Holy Grail.

Katie also asked if Cutout had any other symptoms.  She may have had some
wieght loss and lethargy but not enough that it caught our attention before
we discovered the tumor.

This bounced the first time I tried to send it.  We've been giving
Cutout Prednisone for over a week now.  It was hoped that the
Prednisone would shrink the tumor some but it hasn't had any apparent
effect on the tumor itself.  One of the other vets recommended here
called our vet back and suggested a chemo program.  We may start that
soon.

[If you get bounces, please send me copies.]