From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:55:04 -0500
This isn't a ferret issue that I'm posting about now, its just one of
those things that makes you go "argh!!

I was reading an article about creative valentine gifts, and it was
mentioning how the local Petco sold out of lovebirds last year, and that
it discounts them 20% during the holiday.  Wow, how kind of them to
discount a living creature to encourage it being bought as a holiday
novelty.  (Yes, I know that some people research the pet, are ready to
make the commitment, and want to give it at this symbolic time - but
really, what percent of people would that be?!)

I love that some pet stores or shelters don't sell rabbits during Easter.
To not only sell, but promote lovebirds during Valentines day is
disrespectful of the animal and irresponsible as a petstore.  I'm going
to call the local Petco's here and let them know this excustomer's
opinion.

Risa