From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:22:46 -0400
Another episode has hit the household. I have came down with "rocky
mountain spotted fever". I am assuming that I was bitten by the tick
when I was away in Florida on vacation 2 months ago. Disney offers a
trek through their animal kingdom, which I went on and i did get
extremely ill with flu like symptoms two days after. I didnt think
anything of it, but my body has been achy and went for blood work.

However, it could be possible that I caught it at home in the city.
I do treat my animals with flea medication because of the strays and
wild turkeys that are around. But should I get my animals tested,
could I even get them tested?

And as crazy as this sounds, my ferrets do have a nipping issue. Can
they catch it if they break skin?