From:
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 13:59:04 -0400
In memory of White Russian, mommie thought i should be tested for ADV.  So
we sent my blood (ickie) to United Vaccine to test me.  i've already done
the saliva test and it was negative but mommie wanted me to be brave and
send my blood to the US for testing.  we just all feel so horrible about
White Russian.

It's been another busy week at the shelter.  Many vet visits with sick
kids.  Druid went in for emergency surgery because he ate a toy in the
ferret room and had a blockage.  Druid is the kid with the tumors on his
wee wee.  Well, when he was at the vets, he was in a lot of pain.  one of
their co-op students stuck her finger in his cage and Druid bit her.  he's
in a rabies quarantine at the shelter now as per instructions of the
health board.

he had his surgery and the doc removed a big ball of yarn (he ate a
knitted toy) and also his left adrenal.  he was also neutered at the same
time but the doc wasn't able to remove the tumors from his wee wee.  We
may have to hire a board certified surgeon to remove that.  he's not out
of the woods yet but he's doing much better.

i'm doing good.  i played a lot with Woozelette in the basement this week.
one day when mommie let us out to play, she forgot to close the divider
into the back of the basement!  when she came to check on us, she was so
surprised to find Wooz in the bathroom and me, well, i was on the spare
bed in the storage room just smiling at her!

George & Dana's ashes came back to us on Friday.  they will join the ashes
of all the other fur kids to cross before them.  we really miss those two.

love, Harley "Bug"
PS Welcome back auntie Paige! We've missed you lol!

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"