Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:24:28 -0600
Hi!
I really don't have a name, so anything you want to call me is okay.The
people that neglected me for my whole life (three and a half years) thought
I was a girl (yuk!) until someone just told them I was a little boy<sigh>.
They never loved me or took good care of me.  I lived in a dark garage with
no windows.  The winters were very sad, especially, becuz it was so very,
very cold.  The worst part was that they never gave me a blankie or a
towel, and I had to shiver all the time to keep my temperature up so I
wouldn't die.

These people are millionaires.  They brought me home from the pet store
in a giant two story cage!!  The girl wanted me when I was a baby, but I
didn't litter train quickly enough, they said, so they stuck me out in
the garage where I stayed my whole life.  Once the boy said he would keep
me in his bedroom , and I was so happy!  But he wouldn't take care of me,
or clean my cage, so the mom put me back out in the dark, lonely garage
again.  Nobody ever changed my litter enough when I was in the house OR
the garage.  I hated the smell, too.  They never gave me a bath, either.
They only fed my this awful cheap cat food, and I never had any vitamins
or treats.  Lotsa times I never even had water in my bottle.  Once I had
a hammock, but when they found me hanging by my nails, caught in it, they
took it away instead of fixing the cause: they never trimmed my nails.  It
wasn't my fault.  I hung there for two whole days and they never even
noticed becuz they only filled my food bowl every two days.  I was so sad
when they took my hammock; it was all I had.  For three years I only had
the wire floors to sleep on.  I asked for a blankie, but nobody heard me.

The boy had a substitute teacher named Mrs. Blackburn.  (liz).  He knew she
had a ferret named Fang becuz she talked about him a lot.  He told her last
week that they didn't want me anymore, so she came over to see me.  She
hoped she could find somebody who would want me.When she saw how I was
living, she knew that no matter what , she had to get me away from those
people.  It had been freezing outside for many nights (and days), and the
garage was so cold.  I was shivering in a corner on the wire shelf.  My
water bottle was empty.  Me catfood was a yukky orange color, and I had
absolutely nothing else in my huge cage.  Me litter box was full, cuz
nobody ever changed it.  When she picked me up, she could feel every bone
in my body, I was so malnourished.  She asked the lady if she could bring
me home overnight (without my cage).  I cuddled in her lap for the truck
ride, and for awhile I sat on her shoulder so I could look out the window.
She found out how sweet I was ( I am very sweet, and would never bite.  She
said that was a good thing.)  She held me, and it was the first time I felt
that somebody cared about me in my whole life!!  She gave me a bath right
away, and I didn't ever bite then!!  She said I was very dirty, and after
the bath she made a ferret burrito out of me in a big towel!!

She thought of giving him to Dr.Joe for Christmas (that way,what could he
say?)  But she knew that it wasn't fair, so she said a big prayer ( I saw
her, and she said she had a little talk with God)...and called Dr. Joe up.
He was nice, and said he would help find someone to love me!!!  When she
hung up the phone, I was scared, becuz she sobbed real hard.  She said it
was becuz she was so happy that Dr.Joe will give me a chance.  She said
that Dr.Joe tolerates her emotional stuff, because he understands that she
is obsessed with not letting animals suffer.  He knows that God gave her
that job here on earth.  Liz hopes that Dr.Joe knows she is stable in every
other area.  But she says if there were more people as neurotic as she is
about animals, that there wouldn't be so many neglected and abused ones.

Liz's biggest hope is that Dr.Joe s wife might love me and give me a
chance.  I heard that she was really a neat lady.  That way, I would be
sure to be in the best care, and they would never hurt me, or let me be
cold and lonely again.  I hope this will happen, but if they don't want me
either, Liz said they would help find me a home.  I said I would even let
them try this new cyrosurgery thing on me if I ever needed it.  Just so
they love me before he experiments on me, then I will feel safe.

The awful people that owned me want $100.00 for my big 2 story cage, and
little skinny me.( Liz told me in private that nobody will ever pay that
much for me, but that I am worth every penny and more, becuz of my sweet
disposition, and my need to be loved.) She said that she wouldn't ask
Dr.Joe for any money because she knows he wasn't going to buy a ferret
anyway, and that I am too skinny.  She said that she will pay the lady
$20.00 every month herself until I am paid up.  She will deliver my cage
to Dr.Joe herself even.  She dreads going back to that millionaire's house,
becuz she has to be nice to that awful lady, and what she really wants to
do is tell her off for not caring what my needs were.  She said the blond
bimbo rich lady should have married Mike Tyson, whoever he is.  Liz
promised me that I will be in a warm house, and let out of the cage a lot,
and mostly, that I will be loved.  I will let you guys know what happens
to me.

for all the neglected animals