From:
Chris Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:54:08 -0400
Hello all,

While we're all sitting around talking about what to do as a group, ferrets
are being maligned and killed in the interest of "public health."

I have a ferret named Pyramus (male-about 4 1/2 pounds), and I don't even
know what color to call him.  I don't care about that--for now, I just want
to know he's not going to be the next Kodo.

I don't care who gets the credit.  Just tell me what to do.  I'm ready to
help get the laws changed in every state--if I have to clean toilets to free
up those who are more talented than I with legislative matters to get it
done, then that's okay with me.  I have been told I make crappy coffee,
though...I can type and file.  I can talk on the phone.  I can write a
complete sentence.

I'm working on research on rabies.  I've been through the "wild" vs.
"domestic" thing already.  I've got a computer and I can make the time...and
I'll go to the wall for my fur babies.  I learned during the Kodo fight that
I can do without a lot of sleep.  Just someone give me the next step, and
I'll take the assignment and complete it to the best of my ability and
resources.  I don't care if I have to work alongside Charlie Manson or Tim
McVeigh (boy, I'm really starting to understand HIM!) as long as our goals
are the same.

I suspect we all want the same thing: freedom for all fuzzies with fair and
reasonable quarantine laws.  Let's get after it!  We must learn the laws in
our states, then figure out what to do to get them corrected.  From the
posts I've read here, we have all the brainpower we need to get this
handled.

There are three kinds of people: Those who MAKE things happen, those who LET
things happen, and those who wonder, "what happened?"

Every day we waste is a risk to a ferret.  I don't know if I can go through
another Kodo situation--and I never met him.

Put me on a list.  Keep me informed.  Tell me what to do (be nice, ya'll!).

To Battle!  NO MORE KODOS!

Chris Heath