From:
Louise Larabie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:42:38 -0400
Hi I am Louise Larabie, I live in Arnprior, Ontario, Canada.  Now I will
tell you how I started in this business of making raw foods for pets.

I own a kennel "RawGlow" with Amber and 6 puppies (almost 3 weeks old).
We have been feeding this variety of Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods
(affectionately known as BARF :o)))  But I have been involved with some raw
food combining for 20 years.

Now with my present dog I forgot some of this knowledge and started my
puppy on kibble and ran into problems and when she was 6 1/2 months old and
the vet said "allergies" (She was so itchy people thought she had flees and
she had "dry eye" which is lack of tears and cruddy eyes) she also had lots
of behaviour problems.  Roach back sometimes and overly submissive, fearful
of noises and just about everything.  She was also hyper, jumping 3 feet
while lunging and barking hysterically at other dogs.  I was pretty good at
training dogs but I needed help with this puppy.

She was at her second training class and was in a clicker class besides
when she actually she got worse.  In hindsight it was the extra treats lots
being grain based and all cooked that contributed to make her worse.

When I got the news from the vet about the dry eye was often caused by
allergies, I then started on my version of food combining, which is the
first 2 or 3 days basically a chopped up salad and olive oil.

Wow!!!  her attitude really changed towards food (was eat one piece of
kibble at a time type puppy) You could see her thinking "WOW momma you
are finaly giving real food!!!" She also liked her salads

What a difference in attention she was "getting it" the training I mean and
she learned more in 2 weeks than she had since I had her (4 months).

When we went back to class the next week (used raw meat for treats) the
teacher was so impressed she had me write a little story about my
experience.

I went on to show her and even got Best in Show :o)))

I told other people how raw feeding solve health and behaviour problems
with Amber.  But the resistance to the bones and the vets on the whole not
being in support of this was a problem.

I decided to try and start a business that would help others feed raw.
First making prepared meals for dogs and cats ground and frozen.  Hope to
later have the basics for people to do their own by supplying some of the
harder to get ingredients.  Encouraging them to feed the actual bones at
least once a week on the meaty bone day.

I am here to learn about ferrets and see if I can be of any help in
preparing meals of ferrets as well as dogs and cats.

Louise Larabie [log in to unmask] & BARFing  Amber  and six grand pups

Raw Connections www.raw-connections.com   [log in to unmask]
Frozen, raw prepared meals for dogs and cats, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  Area
RawGlow www.raw-connections.com/rawglow  raw fed Miniature Australian
Shepherd check the Puppy news for puppy pictures :o)))

[Moderator's note: Already sent her the diet posts series.  BIG]