From:
"JEFF JOHNSTON, EPIDEMIOLOGY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 15:48:52 -0400
Many of you will recall Stimpy's dilemma a week ago when he had stopped
eating and drinking. After medication for fever (still could have been some
infectious component to this), emergency fluids and a lot of Ensure, he
turned around. He began eating solid foods almost immediately after passing
an object.

Well, he just went into the vets again today for his distemper booster
and I'm happy to report that he weighed in at 1160 g. (Last Sunday he was
at 942!)

Not only is Stimpy healthy and happy again but he has discovered a wonderful
game.  (I won't say "invented" because I'll bet some other fuzzy has
discovered this before.) Stimpy has taken to bowling with empty bottles.  I
brew my own beer and place the washed and dried bottles in the pantry.
Earlier this week Stimpy bounced into the pantry and found all of these
neatly ar- ranged bottles.  Well, he just had to fix that!  He reared up on
his back legs and landed on the neck of one of the bottles, and of course,
the entire group of them scattered.  So, to test his skill, I picked out ten
bottles and arranged them in a triangle pattern like bowling pins and showed
them to Stimpy.  "Go ahead," I told him, and he bopped into the #2 bottle
and five or six other bottles clattered on the kitchen floor.  He turned
around and looked at me as if to say, "How'd I do?" and I said, "Go for the
spare." And he did!  (He didn't get all 10 down, but were working on a
perfect game.) These are heavy bottles since they need to withstand the
pressure of the fermenting beer, but I may try to find him some wooden or
plastic substitutes just to avoid the risk of anything breaking.

BTW, someone recently posted a description of towel rides on the FML. I
tried that and Stimpy goes nuts. He leaps toward the front part of the
towel close to my hands and then slides down and does it again. He's such
a lovable goofball. :)

--Jeff Johnston