From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:20:40 -0700
I asked my Shelter Babies what they wanted for Christmas and their
answers brought tears to my eyes....

All we want for Christmas is...a loving forever home to call our own.

The only one who wanted something different was Buster, our permanent
resident.  He knew he would be here forever and that this would be his
forever home.  He asked that those that are in shelters find forever
homes.  That those that are sick get better and for those that have ADV,
that a cure is found.  And that those that had loved ones pass over the
bridge know that they are at peace.

Then he asked for something for all of the ferret mommies/daddies and
shelter parents.  "I want you all to know just how much all of your love
and support means to each and every one of us.  Though we have had some
bumps and dumps along the way you all seem to find the will and the
strength to care for us.  Without you in our lives we would be lost and
alone.  Please know that on this holiday I will be thinking about you
and hoping that Santa brings you just as much love that you give us
everyday".

Buster is wise beyond his years.....though he did chime in later and said
MORE TREATS!

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz