Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:15:04 -0500
>From:    Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Back to free-for-all
>I didn't like them climbing inside the couch, but I am finding they might
>be better off to wander around in a new area.  The Sofa an Loveseat are
>not recliners, they don't have beds in them - they are pretty much hollow.
>Other than checking cushions before sitting down, are there other
>concerns???  I would greatly appreciate any stories, good or bad about
>Couch crawling (inside the couch)

Stephanie, the best couch/loveseat combo I found for a ferret household was
one that didn't have any legs.  The "frame" was made out of stiff foam.
They could climb onto it, and under the cushions, but that was about it.
If the couch/loveseat has legs, you might want to take the legs off and
nail/staple plywood to the bottom.  I know there's a back issue of Modern
Ferret that has instructions on how to do it, but I can't remember which
one.

Michel