From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 18:52:58 EDT
Hello all ~

I'm sorry for having to write this, but it is out of love and fairness
for you and your fuzzy ones.  I can't and should not prescribe in
individual emails online.  Many cases are complex and involve layers of
treatment.  I've had many requests for assistance from folks and it is
not fair of me to even try to take a case online, or on the phone.  I
know some professionals do it, but not me.  I have just made it a policy
over the years for everyone's protection.  I do a full intake with a
physical exam, touching the patient, feeling bumps or looking at rashes,
etc.  I have a 14 page intake evaluation I also do.  Taking a short cut
doesn't help anyone.

Also herbal medicine is far away from allopathic (AMA practiced)
medicine.  We seek to find the "cause" of the problem and then suggest
certain herbal approaches that will support while teaching the body to
heal itself.

The best I can and should do is to point someone in the right direction
and give out information, and try to teach.  While I'd love to help each
person who needs assistance, doing so would be selfishly inappropriate of
me to do.

Warmly ~
Mary

Herbalist