Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:44:44 -0800
That really, really...makes me mad, (don't want to swear on the FML!).

Two? They couldn't grab TWO?

The only thing that I am thinking is maybe the fire started in that
very room....making it difficult or impossible to get into the room.

When my apartment building burned down this is what happened: My
ex-fiance was on the phone ordering renters insurance (no joke) and
the buzzer was going off and it sounded like people were saying "happy
birthday" or yelling drunkenly....turned out they were buzzing all
apartments to say "fire"....

Police pounded on the door and ordered us out, we slammed the door and
locked it....fiance held carriers upright and I chucked 10 ferrets into
it (otherwise they'd jump out). Sounds mean but you gotta hurry....

They went out to the car....I continued to get cats, nearly broke my
wrist and hand pounding on the waterbed headboard to scare the cat out
from there....got the two cats...they went to the car....

We were not allowed back in. Sad to say, I forgot about the flying
squirrels and the hedgehog (honestly I am not sure what I was
thinking.... panic, they didn't come to my mind until I was outside
not allowed back in, I should have stayed inside and continued to give
them to my fiance.....).....

The fire started at the other end of the complex, there were around 18
units, it burned all of them except ours where it finally ended. We
were the only ones allowed back in weeks later due to structural
damage.

We had to beg the cops and firefighters to let us go in and get the
hedgehog and squirrels after. They argued that if they let us in,
everyone would have to be allowed in, some people wanted pills, etc.
I said, they are alive....hours later they let us in and the animals
were just fine....sorry to say many other pets DID die in the complex
including a rabbit.

 :(

Always have a plan and a carrier for everything in your house and keep
it near where they stay and don't pile things on top of the carrier...

Laryssa