From:
Sara Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:03:15 -0800
As far as reference books go, Ferrets For Dummies by Kim Schilling is
wonderful!  A Practical Guide to Ferret Care by Deborah Jeans is great
but out of print.  I also like Mary Shefferman's books: Ferrets: Your
Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet and the other one I can't remember at the
moment.  Of course, both Mary and Kim are fellow FML people.

Children's books: Depending on how old the child is, Richard Bach's
ferret books are absolutely wonderful!  Not much in the way of
illustrations, they would probably be good for middle school kids.
Also for older kids: The Toby Man by Dick King-Smith (out of print),
Ferrets in the Bedroom, Lizards in the Fridge by Bill Wallace, The Great
Ferret Race by Paul Collins.  For younger kids "Fifi Ferret's Flute" is
wonderful!  Also, I can't remember the name, but Pam Grant of STAR*
Ferrets wrote a ferret book - I have a copy but it's buried.

I look forward to seeing other people's recommendations, because I'm
always looking for more books with ferrets in them!

Sara & 4 fuzzies (who aren't interested in books)