From:
Laura snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 22:24:20 -0400
I know that we are not supposed to talk about normal ferret issues, but
I have one.... and I trust the advice of you fuzzy lovers.  [Huh?  It's
just fine to talk about "normal" ferret issues here :-)  BIG]

I have the most beautiful 5 month old baby boy named Butch.  He is very
snuggly and playful.  But, he is a nipper, and I mean alot.  Now, as he
is growing, he is nipping alot more.  He is very loved and will sometimes
even at his age, sit in your lap for at least a half an hour.  This are
not the times he nips.  It is when you are anywhere near him other than
that.  I have done, NO, Ouch..  etc... consistently.  Bitter apple,
Ferretone on the hands.  Positive re-enforcement.  Scruffing, hissing,
finger in the mouth.  I can go on.... I am not just doing this for a day
at a time.  I am sticking with each method for weeks.  I am also working
in more than one method.

I know his is a baby, I am OK with him as nipper if that is what I have
to deal with.  The vet thinks he is wonderful.  Actually called him
perfect.  Of course he behaved like a gentleman there.  If anyone has
great advice that worked for them, I would be ever so grateful.