From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:25:31 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=3161

>I have a 4 year old neutered jill, Gremlin, who's always been healthy.
>Saturday morning I found her weak and lethargic and she couldn't stand
>on her legs, she was too weak. Took her to the vets and she had a high
>temperature, 106 degrees F.

Dear X:

Has any bloodwork been done - the list of fever-causing conditions is
extremely long - there probably are fewer disease that don't cause fever.

Almost any bacterial disease can cause fever, a number of tumors can
cause it, and one commonly overlooked problem that will cause fever is
a gastric ulcer.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM