From:
polecatsister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:13:25 -0700
It's time to announce the details for the 4th of July Card Exchange.  I
hope everyone will take a minute to read this as the money raised from
this exchange will go to support ADV research.

By now, everyone knows White Russian lost his battle with ADV.  Many of us
followed his progress.  We were inspired by his mom's relentless effort to
educate us and the sacrifices she made to help advance ADV research.  We
cried when we heard he was gone as his story touched our very hearts.

Now, what many of you may or may not know is this disease has claimed
another victim.  Our Kouri, the gun-tottin', cat-a-pultin', book readin'
gourmet cook recently tested Positive for Aleutians Disease.  Having a
Fan Club did not help Kouri-ADV is not picky about it's victims.

How many more of our ferrets are going to be handed this death sentence
before we stand up and say, "THIS MUST STOP?" How many more ferrets will
have to die before we declare we want our independence from this vicious
killer?  We can do nothing for White Russian-other than make his sacrifice
mean something.  Maybe we can do nothing for Kouri and other ADV+
ferrets.... but we have to try!  We have to push!!

We must get funding into the research of ADV!  We must find a way to stop
this before more precious babies are lost.  We can no longer have the
attitude that we don't have to worry about ADV because it's not in our
area or because it doesn't effect us.  We can no longer sit back and
think it will not happen to us.  It can....and it will!

I don't mean to preach-I, myself, hate to be preached to-but people-OUR
FERRETS ARE DYING!!!  Are yours next?  Mine?  It's time for the ferret
community to join together and acknowledge that ADV is no longer just
a threat-it is reality.  It is here!!  We must push to find a way to
stop it!

All money collected from the 4th of the July Card exchange will be donated
to ADV research.  If you have never joined in the card exchange, now
would be a great time to give it a try!  If you don't want to join in the
exchange, but you'd still like to make a donation to ADV research in
either White Russian or Kouri's name, please write to me and I will tell
you how!

For the newcomers who are unsure of how the card exchange works, please
ask me!

Thanks!

Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein