From:
Joanne Brigham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:54:03 -0400
Many of you are aware of Sam Young's 'American Tour' -- she is spending
several months criss-crossing the country visiting with ferret folks and
normal people <g>.  She is off-line at the moment, but called Wednesday
night to say she has a 'situation' in mid-August, and needs our help.

Sam arrives in Syracuse, NY to visit me on August 10th (yea!).  She had
plans to go to her next stop a few days later, but complications arose and
she can no longer stay with that person.  I'd love to have her stay with us
longer, but John and I leave on vacation that Sunday.  And, she needs to be
in Boston *on* Friday, August 18th (the person she's visiting in Boston has
no car).

So --- is there anyone in Syracuse or points East (or NYC area) who could
host Sam for a few days, and perhaps help her move towards Boston?  She
doesn't drive here, and money is tight.  You'd have to pick her up at our
house, which is 5 minutes off the Thruway or Rt. 81.  If someone could
pick her up Sunday, August 13th, that would be great.  I'm going to look
into train tickets, but that might be too pricey.  Plus, she doesn't want
to be in Boston before Friday, and she doesn't want to stay in our house
alone for a week!

Another option is that we can take Sam with us (across Lake Ontario and up
to the St. Lawrence River) for a few days, and we could probably get her
transportation back to Syracuse in mid-week.  But we still need someone to
pick her up and get her to Boston!

PLEASE -- if you can help at all, please e-mail me ASAP.  Sam's getting
nervous!  To email, remove the word 'remove' from my address.  I can
reach Sam via phone for the next week or so.

Thanks!
Joanne

[P.S. UPDATE:  ]

I've checked with Amtrak, and I can help get Sam to Albany or Boston via
train, if needed.  However, she won't have a place to stay until Friday,
Aug. 18th.  Are there any ferret people in the Boston area who would be
home during the week to host Sam?  I would love to have Sam join John and
I on vacation for the first few days, and get her to the train in mid-week,
if she agrees.  That way, she'd only need a place to stay for a couple of
days.

Thanks again,
Joanne