From:
NANCY D AXTELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:55:47 -0700
Hi,

Here are just a few things that my fuzz-butts do that I find terribly
amusing:

Sadie:
Sadie is the smartest ferret I have.  She gets into/out of everything.
When she was little, she used to find new ways to escape her cage (even
though it was wrapped with chicken wire that was hooked in place!) to
play with her favorite toy-plastic bags (she also chases the others out
of her bags-biting them on the butt).  Being a diva, she won't jump on
anything.  Instead, she begs me until I become her "human ladder" or get
her her own ladder to climb on so she can join the others on (and off of)
"higher ground".  Sadie is also too good to eat anything other than her
"special" food.  She won't eat any chicken, baby food, a/d,
fruits/veggies, etc... She even makes faces while eating her ferretvite!

Xena:
She is very talkative, "dooking" almost every time she takes a step.
It's probably not a quirk, but it is funny to watch her when she is out
because she "bottlebrushes" her whole body (becomes 3 times her size
since she is part angora) and just war dances, dooking her butt off
until she finally tires out.

Houdini:
My newest boy Houdini is just funny.  He doesn't walk.  Instead he jumps
everywhere and pounces on everything.  He takes flying leaps onto the
girls, off the beds and into his toy basket.  It's as if he has springs
on his feet.  He also won't drink out of the water bottle while on the
floor.  Instead, he hangs 1/2 out of his hammock, bats at the bottle with
his feet and drinks the water off of his feet.  He also sleeps on his
back with his feet straight in the air (and girls on top of him).

Houdini and Xena also like pistachio ice cream.  They beg for it until
they get a lick, and then go off to their business.

All three will only eat out of their bowl if they can do it while still
in their hammock.  Why make things difficult and get out of bed?

Katie and the troublesome trio