Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 06:24:05 -0400
Hi michael,

There could be several things wrong with Bear.

The first thing that comes to mind is a blockage.  Most blockages cant be
spotted by exray or even by a barium study.  The only way to find out for
sure is by surgery.

The next thing I think of is IBD (irritable bowel disease) or EGE
(eosiniphilic gastro entreitis).  Basicly this means Bear is allergic to
something in his kibbled diet.  The fact that he only throws up and gets
sick when he eats kibble suggests this to me.  Have the vet give him a
light dose of gas (isoflorane) and draw blood.  If the eosiniphils are
very high in his white blood cell count, this is a good possiblity.
The only way to be absolutely sure tho is an operation to do a biopsy.

The last thing that comes to my mind is an ulcer.  Give Bear some
carafate 10 to 20 minutes before eating.

Most ferrets do not like meds, like Pred etc.  I mix those kinds of meds
in thier food.  It is also better for them to get those meds in their
food.

Much luck with your bear.  Please keep us posted.

Karen