From:
James Buckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 16:42:28 +0100
Hi, I'm a regular reader of FML but dont often get to post as I am a new
ferret owner and just learning!

I live in the UK, and have 3 ferrets, the oldest of which has developed a
swollen vaginal entrance (as if she is in heat).  She has had the snip
(when she was young) and she is now about 8 years old.  The area generally
seems a bit wet and slightly yellow in colour (urine coloured for example)
and she seems a bit slow but other than that she is fine.  The vet has
tried antibiotics and that had no effect at all - can anyone think what it
could be?  The vet wants to operate to try to find a foreign body but I
dont fancy Kiki's chances of surviving the op as she is old for a ferret.

Please help, I'm getting worried about her - its been like that for 2.5
weeks now!

Thanks
James Buckle