From:
Reg & Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:38:54 +0900
Hi there to all--------Happy New Year.

Saw a recent post about traveling and water bottles.  We came up with our
own solution since we did a lot of traveling via car.  If the travel cage
has a waffled type door front you can attach a small container to it (some
travel cages come with these dishes) and then attach the water bottle
(water holding side on outside) to the cage door with the metal wire clip
above the dish.  This way, when the water bottle drips, it will drip into
the bowl.  Our ferrets tended to enjoy this as they loved to dip their
head in the bowl to get what dribbled in as well.

Also, if the travel cage has slits along the side, we took a bird dish
(with the metal hanging clips) and punched two small holes along the
bottom outside wall near the door and tucked the metal hangers through and
bent them down to hold the dish in place.  Then attached the water bottle
(water holder side inside this time) to the slits with the metal clip on
the inside (have to make sure it is a tight fit or it will slip down)
around the water bottle and the ends coming outside the cage and slid down
to attach.

Hope this information helps.

Best to all you and your fuzzies

Kim