From:
Ashley VanDercar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:27:07 -0400
Hello,

I have been a member of this forum for about 2 months now. never posted
though. I bought a ferret about 2 months ago and for the past 6 weeks
have been going in and out of the ER due to "eye problems". Basically I
woke up one morning with both pupils fully dilated and they were
completely nonreactive to light. I went through a bunch of tests and
basically nothing is wrong with me that could account for it. So they
believe that it is either an allergy or a toxin in my environment. Well
it is not in my environment because I have moved and everything I own
has been decontaminated (aerosol Lysol + contact Clorox etc.) However
my beloved ferret came with me (Ginny, a female albino). I am starting
to realize that I get the pupil dilation when I go into her area,
however not when I am just in contact with her, only where she lives. I
am wondering if it could be the litter that I am using, or if anyone
has any ideas of what other ferret related things could possibly be
causing this. I can't part with my baby but I can't continue to live
with these problems b/c they make it so I can't read or see things
close up when they are dilated and since I am a law student that is a
BIG problem.  Please e-mail me with any thoughts or ideas

Thanks
-Ashley