From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 08:32:35 -0500
Hello, all!

Just a few ramblings:

BITING FERRETS
My compliments to the FML'r who suggested the "Vulcan death pinch" (a firm
grasp on the back of a fuzzy's neck) to stop nipping.  As a student of a
wonderful horsemanship teacher, I have learned that the animal's language is
the best language to use in training and communication.  In other words, to
teach a ferret that YOU are the dominant critter and to communicate the
boundaries of acceptable behaviour, you should behave as the dominant ferret
would;  i.e. a dominant ferret (or mom-feret) will exhibit his/her dominance
by grabbing the subordinate by the back of the neck, especially to curtail
"undesirable behaviour."  By behaving as the dominant ferret, you are not
being mean or causing pain, but you are very clearly communicating a message
to the ferret in his/her language!  Bravo!

FERRET COLOR
I just gotta know...  Y'know the ferret on the Ferretone bottle and
Ferretvitae tube?  What color is he?  That little guy is the spitting image
of my Paleface.  (I think Paleface must have a day job as a model when I'm
away at work.)  I've always called Paleface a champagne.  Am I correct?  If
not, what color is he?  :)

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season!

Gina
and
Paleface  (Just a minute please;  my agent is on the phone.)