Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:17:47 EDT
You know, I've personally lost 10 ferrets in the last 3 years (to
disease).... I hope you aren't trying to say that makes me a bad ferret
mom.  I have also lost a ferret, bad things sometimes happen to nice
people and ferrets....I just wonder if you were this "concerned" over
that poor girl that accidentally put her ferret in the dryer?  Do you
think she should start going to the Laundromat?  Or should we just skip
that step and call Animal Control?

>Again, this is not a flame.  I am truly concerned for the ferrets in
>your care.  I respectfuly ask that you reconsider the way you care for
>your ferrets or get a less demanding, less accident prone animal to take
>care of.

If you are sooo concerned about the way this poor guy raises his ferrets,
and he's only had 2 die and lost 2, I think you need to do something to
keep you from having so much free time.  How about volunteering at the
local Humane Society where there are true animals in need?  or you could
sew stuff and sell it on E Bay to support ADV Research.....both of which
have killed more than 2 ferrets.

I really think that we as a community need to stop the madness with this
individual nitpicking and focus on the BIG PICTURE.....our ferrets should
not be getting ADV, Distemper, ECE, and the various sorts of cancers
(adrenal, lymphoma, insulinomas) that effect 90% of their population and
something needs to be done to keep our pets healthy.  Is there any other
domesticated pet on the planet that has these death statistics?  We have
so many people on this list that cast stones at individuals but did you
ever stop to think that your energy is better served helping the ferret
community instead of hurting people?

Sorry For The Rant :S,
Lisa and The Diabolical Dozen