Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 14:25:34 -0400
I missed most of the conversation about the flower essences.  What I
can say, though, is that if we are talking about the Bach's flower
remedies ... they are homeopathic.  They have such a minute amount of
the actual flowers in them that it's probably not even detectable under
a microscope.  They work under the principle of "like treats like",
where only a TINY amount of something is needed to cause the body to
work to strengthen itself against it.  (It's kind of the same principle
as vaccinations, for that matter).

The rest of the flower remedy is a mild alcohol base .. to extract and
preserve the plant essence.  When I used to have a rabbit, I gave him
flower essences from time to time, and it calmed him down.  (He lived to
be 10 years old, so I don't think it had any ill effect on him).

I've given flower essences to my ferrets over the years, and never
noticed ANY effect on them whatsoever ..  calming or otherwise.  You
only need to give them a VERY tiny amount, too.  My rabbit weighed about
8 lbs., and he used to get two drops at a time ...

   (000)___(000)  Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483