From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:22:23 EDT
Fuzztek shelter has weathered the storm fairly unscathed.  Neither location
has potable water, Yvonne is boiling water for drinking, Anne managed to
purchase 16 gallons of spring water in another area not affected by the
flooding.  With more rain and flooding anticipated today, it is possible
that it could be another week or more before sanitary water is available.
Anne is in an are with almost no water pressure, and being asked to use
minimal water, so no cage cleaning, laundry, etc.  (Of course pans are
being scooped...)

Yvonne was without power for a day, but had a generator running, and was
without telephone service for three days.  It has been restored now.

We have informed the Red Cross, local shelters and SPCA's and vets that we
will waive normal boarding fees and accept any ferrets in need of temporary
shelter, but so far have no takers.

We just want to thank all of the folks who haved checked in with us to make
sure we are OK.  So far we are holding our own...when we look at the
hundreds of people who have lost everything, we feel pretty lucky.  For the
folks who have asked if there is anything we need... Yvonne would love
bottled water, and if the water restrictions in my area aren't lifted soon,
I will be looking for a place where I can come and throw a couple loads of
ferret bedding into a washer and dryer.

-Anne