Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:02:20 -0800
during adrenal surgery at age 5) when he was about a year old.  He was a
1.5lbs MF albino and it started to turn his fur brittle, which is an early
warning sign of inadequate food.

I switched to Science Diet kitten for a while, and then Iams Kitten later,
with excellent results.

HOWEVER: Formulas change.  In particular, SciDi is supposed to have gotten
worse in the years since I last tried it, and it's quite possible MaxCat
Kitten has gotten better.  If their activity levels are high, their fur is
nice and soft (compare them to other healthy ferts on "known good" feeds if
at all possible) and they like their MaxCat, go for it.

My personal opinion is that the best kitten feeds (Iams and Eukanuba in
particular) are fine for otherwise healthy ferret - but enough shelters
report such great results with TF in "rehab" situations that I'd go TF if a
fert has any other health issues going on.

Jim March

For a wild true story of crooked cops, stolen guns, perjury, fraud
and false criminal charges, see http://www.infinex.com/~jmarch
RECENT UPDATES: Financial motives *REVEALED*